CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blueberry Scones


I made blueberry scones last night. For the first time ever. < That tag line seems to accompany all my cooking expeditions so far. I was very nervous when getting married knowing that I had never really cooked/baked much at all. BUT... so far so good. I've only had one scorched pan, one burnt hand, and one entree that didn't taste like it does at AppleBees. :) Anyways, the reason for this post so early in the morning is that since posting a picture of my scones on Facebook, I have had several requests for sharing the recipe. So that I will do.

Cherry Chip Scones {I substituted the cherries and chips for blueberries. Experiment how you want.}
   
    3 cups all-purpous flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    6 tablespoons cold butter
    1 cup vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
    1 1/3 cups dried cherries
    2/3 cups white chips

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in {I learned this term: to break down and distribute cold butter, margarine or shortening into a flour mixture using a pastry blender or two knives.} butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

2. Combine yogurt and 1/4 cup milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Knead in the cherries and chips.

3. On a greased baking sheet, pat the dough into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges. Brush with the remaining milk.

4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.


And there you have it ladies and gentlemen - SCONES.

0 comments:

Post a Comment