CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Daily Grind

I just met our first pre-season dorm resident. Of course, he came early and Josh was not back yet. I think I might have been a bit scared to be greeted at the dorm by me - a female. :) Starting today the pre-season guys will start trickling in. Then Monday the RAs arrive. Then RLs. Then Freshmen. Then the returning students. It's kin of crazy that it's all starting! We are for real living in a men's dorm as dorm supervisors! Josh has had hours of meetings all week, and I do believe his brain is fried. But things will settle down after these beginning weeks are over.

As for me, I started work at Kiddie Kampus on Monday. Let me just say, there's nothing like being thrown right into things! I started Monday without having gone through orientation or training. Plus, the lead teacher was gone until Tuesday. Needless to say, the first day was a little stressful. I hate not knowing what I'm supposed to do in a job. But the last couple days went a lot better. I really like the other teacher I'll be working with and the kids are great. I'm working in the 3 year old room and I've already fell in love with the little cuties. :) I love hearing them say, "Mrs. Annie, Mrs. Annie!" :)

Another fun thing that happened as of late was a trip last weekend to Illinois. We were able to drive down on Friday evening and spend a couple days with Pastor Caleb and Ms. Jess and their family. It was awesome to get away for a couple days. We really love that family as well as the awesome church family we have gotten to know down there over the past couple years. We are definitely hoping and looking forward to being able to visit down there every now and then.

Well, lunch is now beckoning. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment