CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

These are the moments..

Let me just start by saying, it's been a busy past few days. With Josh attending meetings and assorted dorm sup functions for hours every day, and me jumping right in and working around 7 hours daily with 3 year olds, it's rather astounding we are both still faring reasonably well.

We were able to sneak some fun in this weekend though. Saturday found us at the Dodge County Fair with Jenny and Matt. It was an, eh, interesting experience.
  • It was raining for most of the time we were there. So we walked around through puddles with our hoods up.
  • We almost got trampled by a runaway sheep in one tent and a runaway pig in another. The man watching as the pig comes barreling towards us merely says, "Um, girls looks like you have a loose pig."
  • Finally, the part I most look forward to at fairs: walking around the exibiters booths and collecting free stuff. :) But alas, I aquired but two items: a plastic 11-12 week fetal baby from the Pro-Life booth, and a CD of Christian songs from around the world from the Lutheran Ministries booth. Definitely not the bagfuls of free stuff I recall scavenging while walking around fairs in my youth.
  • Last but not least, I experienced one of the hick-est events thus far in my life. A true Beaver Dam, WI horse pull. We cheered for Hoppercorn. Our cheering helped little though. The winning pair of horses ended with pulling a load of a whopping 6,600 pounds. "You bet!"
Then on Sunday, after church we stayed and ate lunch with the Pastor's family. It was a nice time of fellowship. Oh, and Sunday night we talked to the Pastor and Deacon's about joining the church. So grateful, God led us to Faith Baptist Church in Oconomowoc. We are definitely excited to get involved in the ministries of the church.

Last night I met with the fellow dorm sup wives in one of their apartments and we made cookies "for the arriving guys." I don't know how many cookies actually made it through to be given away to guys though. :) It was a fun bonding time to be sure.

Work at Kiddie Kampus has been going well. The fellow teacher I'm with and I have gotten along wonderfully. Definitely an answered prayer! I've already fallen in love with the 3 year olds we have. They are definitely a crazy bunch, but also so precious. Next Monday all of the kids will be back from the summer (20 total!) and we will start the curriculum. I'm looking forward to it being a little more structured. Week number one is about colors and back to school! That week is then followed by teaching about shapes and 'God made me!' :) And the cute story of the day is this: This afternoon while playing out on the playground a couple of the kids were making pretend meals and we were all sitting around the table eating. Before starting to eat the pretend meal, I mentioned how we should pray first. I then proceeded to pray a simple prayer thanking Jesus for the food. The ext meal they made, the boy playing said he would pray. He then proceeded to pray a rote food blessing prayer. The NEXT meal they made, the girl playing said she would pray (*note:this girl comes from a very rough background). She prayed the following, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for the food. Thank you for playing. Amen." So precious. I melted. :)

My husband is free from all meetings/guys/dorm related stuff for approximately 3 hours and 17 minutes. So I'm off to make sure not another of those minutes are wasted. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment